BOOKING PROCESS FOR PET FEES

Stacy-And-Tom0
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

BOOKING PROCESS FOR PET FEES

It is hard to believe that AirBnB does not allow the pet fee to be included in the booking process. WIth that being said, it is easy enough to go thru the resolution center to request this fee. The challenge with this process is that the guest must have paid in full to request the fee! On top of that, there is no place for the host to see if the guest has paid in full .... wow.

So now I have multiple reservations coming up that include pet fees .... and I had to call Airbnb to tell me when each reservation will be paid in full so that I can request the fee. I then have to set up reminders for each reservation to request that additional fee otherwise of course I will forget!! CUMBERSOME! This is what AirBnb told me to do. ... wow.

In this day and age and with all the smart programmers that work for this mult-billion dollar company, I am sure they can figure somthing out to better automate this process. It is only fair to the hosts.

I wonder why they aren't doing it ...

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Personally I would never take pets a) because it means those with pet allergies couldn't stay at my place and b) because the Airbnb guarantee doesn't cover pet damage claims and c) the extra cleaning involved.

However I can understand how frustrating it must be if you do.

Why not add it as a recommendation for airbnb to consider (can't remember what is called but there is a forum for hosts to do this on here).