Bad review or not?

Answered!
Melanie210
Level 2
Chiddingfold, United Kingdom

Bad review or not?

I've recently hosted a couple who were courteous, polite etc etc. Pushed the envelope in terms of check in and check out times but I was very flexible.

The woman was the issue I believe but was not the booker.

On going in to clean I found: sheets stained with blood and other weird stains (fake tan or worse..) , some of this had gone through to mattress and pliiow protectors. Pedal bin in bathroom overflowing with used feminime care products, pistachio shells by sofa, kitchen cursorily wiped down, blobs of foundation make-up on shower door, everything just smeary on sinks etc.

I feel there was a lack of respect and no care to leaving it tidy especially given late check-out time.

Thoughts people on leaving a bad review.

I guess I wouldn;t have them back and wouldn't recommend so maybe I've answered my own question..

Thoughts?

1 Best Answer
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Melanie210  I hope you are well!

I agree, you've answered the question as you state at the end of your post.

Those are the two main factors to consider when reviewing, and always good to think about when you're on the fence.

I wouldn't ever say a good or bad, or positive or negative review- but rather an honest one.

Just keep it short and sweet and don't go into details.

Best wishes

Paul.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Melanie210  I hope you are well!

I agree, you've answered the question as you state at the end of your post.

Those are the two main factors to consider when reviewing, and always good to think about when you're on the fence.

I wouldn't ever say a good or bad, or positive or negative review- but rather an honest one.

Just keep it short and sweet and don't go into details.

Best wishes

Paul.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Melanie210, I agree with Paul on this one. It's best to leave an honest review. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen