Bedroom Setup

Steven532
Level 6
Longford, Australia

Bedroom Setup

Hi Community

Like many hosts, my listings has bedrooms which can be setup in an A or B style eg:  Double bed or Twin beds (2 x singles) but there seems to be no way to reflect this other than in the listing description and this causes confusion with guests. Currently the setup looks like it has multiple beds in it - double AND two singles.

To provide clarity:

Bedroom can have a double bed or two singles in it.

An AirBnB person suggested that I just setup a separate listing for the variation BUT as I have six listings and each has up to 3 bedrooms (and my business is growing), this seems to be not a very sensible suggestion.  

Help!

Is anyone aware of an actual fix for this problem? and yes I did send through the suggestion to AirBnB for the setup to display Version A or B but nothing has occurred yet.

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Steven532 

your listing isn't unique with this kind of bed set up.  2 single beds which can be joined together or separated to suit the guest's needs are very common in the hotel industry and private STRs

You can just take a photo of 2 single beds and then write in a capture that those beds can be joined together in one king-size bed.

Or, you can take two photos from the same angle - one with 2 singles and one photo with 1 king-size set up and explain that in the image caption.

PS

we always ask our guests what bed set up they prefer and which beds they want to use.

Hi and thanks,

Yes I do that too but as I am on Instant Booking, explaining after the fact is causing problems.

No I know I am not, which is why I would like to see AirBnB address this properly.

Its is as you say a hotel industry standard, so cannot be too hard.

Taking the pictures and adding notes, which I do, is insufficient when people just hit Instant Book