Booking 1 showing up 2

Monika310
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Booking 1 showing up 2

I’m new to being host, and  had recently guest who booked one guest/ one night and then-  two people arrived. I decided not to say anything as it was nice couple and thought she might make a mistake ....., and one day later after another couple arrived booking only one guest again! Do You have experiences with this? 

5 Replies 5
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Monika310 your price difference for one vs two people is not that big so maybe you could consider a flat fee. You should always make clear when the guests book that people not included in the booking will not be allowed to stay and the booking will be terminated if they bring someone else. Advise them if they have extra guest to add him to the reservation and alter it. Be polite but firm so that they take you seriously. 

Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Monika310 

ToS 8.3.3

"8.3.3 You may not bring any additional individuals to an Experience, Event or other Host Service unless such an individual was added by you as an additional guest during the booking process on the Airbnb Platform."

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Monika310 

Your listings show you charge extra for a second guest. So they can not book for one and show up with two for free. It would be nice if Airbnb could change the booking form in a way so the " amount of guest" must allways be specifically confirmed. There are so many postings in this community about this issue...

You could sent guests a reminder in the welcome message stating reservation is for one person.

So they have the oppurtunity to correct it before check-in.

best regards,

Emiel

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

@Monika310 @Emiel1 @Ricardo85 @Ana1136 

If its any help, I always follow up a booking with the following message;

Hello

Thank you for your booking for the Sunday xx June 2019 for 7 night(s) and welcome to our home.

As per your booking your room as been set up to welcome 1 guest (yourself).

If there are any changes, please let me know as soon as possible.

You can also change the reservation yourself. On the message thread or Reservation Page - click "Change or Cancel." Then follow the prompts to change the reservation to 2 people instead of 1.

We are looking forward to greeting you on Sunday xx June 2019, Unfortunately we do not have 24hr check in facilities.

Our Check in time is strictly between 16.00hrs and 21.00hrs.

Please let us know what time you intend to arrive so that we can be here to welcome you.

Kind regards
Chris

Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Chris232 

Whenever I have an inquiry / booking request for a single guest (my listing is an entire apartment) I always send the following message:

"Before we proceed with your reservation, I ask that you be aware of the rules of the house that are available in the listing, making sure they meet your interests.

Please, I need you to confirm that the reservation is for a single guest.

Remembering that according to item 8.3.3 of the Airbnb Terms of Use, no visits to the apartment are allowed, and this is intended for the exclusive use of registered guests at the time of booking.

Any other information, I am at your disposal.

In the certainty that it will be a pleasure to host you, "

Always works! ;o)

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.