Booking Pre-Approval Expired

Jennifer549
Level 1
Athens, GA

Booking Pre-Approval Expired

I had a pre-approval expire but AirBNB did not send me a notification that it was expiring.  I blocked the dates for this booking as the clients said they were having issues booking but would definitely book.  I had only blocked the dates within the pre-approval so it released them very early in the morning and as soon as they released the condo was booked.  The over-2 month rental still wants the condo and will book tonight.  I think I have to cancel the one that booked this morning as I already promised the condo to the one for over 2 months.   I would like AirBNB to take some responsibility for not sending a pre-approval expiration notice.  

2 Replies 2
Vanessa-and-Kurt0
Level 10
Farmington, CT

Hi Jennifer! A preapproval is only good for 24 hours-not sure if AirBnB sends an expiration notice to hosts as a practice because it doesn't matter to the host but I think they send one to the guest. I know it is hindsight now, but you shouldn't promise availability outside of Airbnb's 24 hr hold because these issues are bound to happen. If you cancel the booking from this morning Airbnb will block those dates and you cannot rebook them to the pre-approval folks anyways, also you may loose any hopes of obtaining superhost status (cancelations are a huge no-no). Good luck and let us know how it works out.

So I approved a guest the very next day and i got a notification that my pre-approval expired? How does that work? I approved the guest. Does it mean they canceled? Or does it mean I have only 24hours to approve and if not it expires? And I can't book them? My dates our available..? I'm kinda little confused on how to go about it. Can someone please share some feedback? Thank you!