Bookings

Bookings

Hi all,

I not long ago booked an Airbnb for me and a group of friends. Unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances, I am unable to travel. As the booking is in my name, will my friends still be able to use the Airbnb even if I am not there?

2 Replies 2
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

No, @Sarah2266 , but here's what you can do:

Get one of the friends to set up their own Airbnb account. I think you might even be able to use the referral credit for this. Check the fine print. Anyway, add that friend to the reservation through the website. 

Contact your host, and tell them what has happened and what you will do next. 

What you will do next is call Airbnb and get the booking transferred to your friend's account. 

That should keep your friends, the host, and the system happy!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Sarah2266 

this would be "3rd party booking" and it is against Airbnb Terms of service. The host can cancel such reservation without any penalties and you will be fully refunded (except for Airbnb service fee)

However such things happen quite often. Contact your host, explain the situation and ask if he/she agrees to host your friends without you. If he agrees then no problem. If not then you should do what @Lawrene0 said.

Just note, if you keep this reservation on your name and your friends break the house rules or misbehave you may get a bad review on your profile. If they break something the host will charge you for the damage, so think about it 🙂