Calendar sync problem

Elsa-Björg0
Level 2
Reykjavík, Iceland

Calendar sync problem

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with Airbnb and HomeAway sync.

It's always worked out but now it shows me this on HomeAway:

"Airbnb has not been able to sync for more than 72 hours. The URL may have changed or the service may be down."

Can anyone help? I do not want people to double book 😞

I've compared the calendars and they do not show the same results so I am nervous about this.

With thanks in advance,

Elsa

94 Replies 94

Thank you Andrea. Glad to hear its not just us. So lets hope it will be fixed soon.

Asa 🙂

Anthony182
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Anyone having issues syncing vrbo/homeaway calendar with airbnb?

YES, HAS IT BEEN RESOLVED?  DOESNT LOOK LIKE IT AT 10:05 PM PST. 8/29/17 JUST IN TIME FOR A HOLIDAY, WHAT A MESS!

Athena3
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Still having this issue... is airbnb fixing this? also there is error when syncing with google calendar. if a booking is may 4-7 it shows up as may 4-6. please advise. 

Do anyone find the solution how to sync Booking and Airbnb calendar? Its so difficult without syncing.

I am wondering the same thing!

Ale18
Level 2
Florence, Italy

Hi there, anyone have succesfull sync the calendar? It's been weeks now that is impossible to sync my calendar between Airbnb & Booking.

I haven't tried to delete and reload since if it won't work I'd like not to update my calendar manually. Already happened and it's been a real pain in the arse. Did anyone tried?

Ciao!

it's now working for me. maybe delete and reload and get a new link from booking.com 

also email booking.com tech support as they may give you a new link

On Booking there's the chanche to reload the export link just by blicking a button, no need to contact their support team. As I said I just don't want to delete the previous link and then if not working have to manually block the dates...already happened. Wasn't fun.

John815
Level 1
Lagos, Portugal

I have a similar problem with OwnersDirect which is part of HomeAway - the constant message is "We're having trouble syncing this calendar. Try importing it again."  Seems that Airbnb should be aware of this problem and not offer syncing until they have resolved the problem. John

I am having the same issue today as well.  I am synced on home away vrbo and for months and never had a problem until today.  i had a booking on vrbo yesterday and today someone was able to book on airbnb.

what can we do?  I will be calling both in the morning!

I had the same problem today (Oct 6, 2017). On the VRBO site, I kept hitting the submit button (for the calendar import) 10-15 times and it finally worked. Go figure.

Reservations getting booked when it should not be available with airbnb,  I have had my calendar synced with VRBO and in the past there was never any problems.  But,  this year I have had several instances where Airbnb allowed someone to book on the same day someone else is booked with VRBO.  It just happened again this morning, ergh, I have my settings clearly marked for no same day check ins and check outs, but someone booked on the same weekend day checking in and checking out!  The VRBO reservation has been made for months......and now Airbnb booked someone.  I don't want my hosting status changed because I cancel the reservation, as I have in the past when this happened this year, I think this is the 3rd time.  So how do I get them to cancel/change the reservation on their end.  This is so annoying, I wonder why this issue is coming up more often now?

Trula-And-Charlie0
Level 2
Half Moon Bay, CA

Definite problem with airbnb or vrbo, not coordinating calenders.  Spent the entire day on the phone trying to resolve it. my advice after having to cancel three reservations due to overlapping reservations is turn off your instant book and make sure the property is available before you accept the booking! 

Could barely log on to vrbo today as it kept loading with no screen. Going to attempt this again later when they have resolved the gliche. Nothing worse than rejected guests!

Linda1081
Level 1
Farnham, United Kingdom

I am having the exact same issue - failure to sync which has already led to one double booking! Please help - just says on Homeway that the airbnb site has not synced and to contact them?