Calendar sync problem

Elsa-Björg0
Level 2
Reykjavík, Iceland

Calendar sync problem

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with Airbnb and HomeAway sync.

It's always worked out but now it shows me this on HomeAway:

"Airbnb has not been able to sync for more than 72 hours. The URL may have changed or the service may be down."

Can anyone help? I do not want people to double book 😞

I've compared the calendars and they do not show the same results so I am nervous about this.

With thanks in advance,

Elsa

94 Replies 94
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for letting us know about the difficulties you have been experiencing when trying to sync your Airbnb calendar with external calendars (VRBO & HomeAway). I reported this back to our Product Team and they have investigated this further. I am pleased to say the syncing difficulties you have been experiencing with these two external calendars have now been resolved. 

I am sure you will all be very pleased to hear this and please do continue to update me on how this is working for you. 

Thanks again,

Lizzie

@Elsa-Björg0@Jayson-And-Karen0@Julie134@StayCotswold0@Marc156@Ryan-and-Lorelei0@Karen354@Monica275@David126@Jan129@Joanne--Jo-0@Chavonne0@Natalia111@Edwina5@Joanna14@Jack88

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank you!!!  It really is working;)

While the Airbnb calendar is now importing to VRBO, it also blocks out every day for months so it looks like my house is all booked up.

Mine is working correctly.  I had deleted my calendar and then imported/exported everything again.

Lyle-And-Diane0
Level 1
Washington, DC

My problem is that I set our AirBnB reservations not to accept bookings for more than a year in advance, yet the system has booked our house for April 2018.  Any ideas for how I solve this?

Tony132
Level 1
Hull, United Kingdom

Having the same issue importing Booking. com calendar. I have been importing for months and now am suddenly told the link is not in the ICAL format. REALLY?????????? It's extremely irritating and apparently no way of contacting AIRBNB to fix it. I'm extremely vexed.

Hi,

thank you for answer. What you do with this? I don't know who I have to contact,on the site I didn't find any number....

Thanks again,

Lea

Not only you...

I have recived the same message from airnbnb 8 hours ago. I think, that it is technical problems of airnbnb, it is sadly, thar they have not any "tehnical button" to inform about such problems. I have 3 hosts at airnbnb and booking and without sync it will be very uncomfortable. 

Thank you! We must just wait then. But yes this is not ok, I have to blocked all days now that they are booked from other Calendars. Takes me 2 hours doing this:((((

Ása1
Level 2
Selfoss, Iceland

I have problems all of a sudden with syncing airbnb with booking and holiday lettings. Never been a problem before. I got a mail from airbnb pointing out to me the problem and I tried to sync it both yesterday and today. What can I do? Is there no way to contact someone at airbnb? By phoning or emailing? Asa and Einar

Andrea-and-Ben0
Level 1
Garðabær, Iceland

I am experiencing the same problem, airbnb´s message to me when I try to import booking.com caleder into airbn is :   

The calendar address isn’t in ICAL format. Check the URL and try importing again.

I contacted the help desk at Booking.com and I just got this answer:

Dear Partner, Thank you for your message.  

There is a bug in our system.

We kindly ask for your patience while we work hard to fix this issue.

Regards,

Thayssa **
Booking.com Partner Support Team

I have just sent an inquiry to this email adress: 

response@airbnb.com

And a friend of mine gave me this tel. no.:  44-203318-1111 but I have not called yet. 

Andrea 

Thank you Andrea 🙂

I've called and spoken with a case manager a few times about this issue. After expressing amazement that there was a problem syncing, she finally agreed to look into the problem. I got a phone call a week or so later saying it had been fixed. Indeed, I was able to add Airbnb into my VRBO calendar, but Airbnb blocked out all dates rather than just the reservations. I haven't tried it in awhile--I was so frustrated because again they didn't believe there could be a problem (I suggested reading the forums to see how many people are experiencing this syncing problem!). For now I block the Airbnb dates manually in my VRBO calendar. 

A miracle: my calendars are syncing properly! I just imported Airbnb and it blocked out only the dates actually reserved! Thank you Airbnb.