Can I adjust my additional guest price depending on whether its a weekend or week day?

Lucy478
Level 1
Cardiff, United Kingdom

Can I adjust my additional guest price depending on whether its a weekend or week day?

Hello,

We are in the middle of setting up our Airbnb account for a hostel. I'm having some trouble with the pricing system though.

I have the standard flat price set to £15 a night and a weekend price of £25 a night. These prices are for a single bed in a room.

I have also added an additional guest price of £15. Now bookings work fine for weekdays with a charge of £15 per person/per night. However, when it comes to weekend bookings we have a problem. Now the first individual pays the weekend rate of £25, but every additional guest only pays the £15 per night.

Is there a way that we can dynamically change the additional guest price on weekends so it is £25 per person also?

Many thanks

3 Replies 3
Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

Hi @Lucy478 

NO I don't think you can.

An extra guest charge is a flat fee. regardless of day of the week

I'm not sure that I completely understand how your listing works. Is the second guest staying in a completely different room with a single bed? If so , why include an extra guest fee at all?

Just state in your listing that you have several rooms available and duplicate your listing for the number of rooms you have available -  ( eg 3 rooms, 3 listings) then for each room you can charge 15 during the week and 25 for weekends/

Does that make sense?

Lucy478
Level 1
Cardiff, United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply Rowena,

I thought that may be the case which is a bit of a shame. Unfortunately because we're dealing with beds rather than rooms it's not as simple as that. The rooms contain 8 beds each being a hostel, so it isn't a charge of £15 per room its £15 per bed. We've had people trying to book an entire room of 8 beds for just £15 the price of a single bed, so that's why the additional charge is needed so that if booking for more than 1 person, each additional person will cost the nightly rate of £15 (Or the price of a bed). But when it comes to weekends, due to this limitation with the pricing system, the first guest is paying £25 but all additional guests £15 because the additional guest price is not flexible.

It's very confusing to explain in text, hopefully it makes sense.

For now, if guests are trying to book weekends for more than 1 person, we are simply emailing back with an explanation and sending back a revised "special price" with the actual cost and so far everyone has been understanding.

Many thanks again for your help.

Hi @Lucy478 

I do get it/

I'm in sort of  the same situation myself actually.

and I would LOVE if i could charge by room instead of by guest.

I have a 4 bedroom house that can have up to 6 beds and can sleep up to 8.

2 couples ( 4 adults ) would only use 2 rooms, which obviously costs me a lot less than 4 single adults who want 4 rooms

It's really tricky.

No solution really

I think what you have come up with is the only real answer.

The ONLY  thing i might suggest is, make your price the more expensive option and state in your listing if staying midweek, the price is cheaper.

Guests are likely to be peeved to discover they have to pay more than they thought ( so may people don't read) but no one is ever unhappy to be told the price is going to reduce!

Just a thought.

Ps is you are replying to someone you need to tag them using the @   symbol   - otherwise they'll have no idea you've responded.   Airbnb continually suggest you go to the community for help, but don't bother to educate new users how the system works...