Can a guest choose to stay into an unavailable date?

Answered!
Diarmuid3
Level 1
Garristown, Ireland

Can a guest choose to stay into an unavailable date?

I set a range of dates as available, Friday to Monday but now a guest has asked to stay until Tuesday morning. Is this allowed? I gave Tuesday as unavailable. Does that mean that the guest has to be allowed to stay Monday night and leave on Tuesday?

The guest is also asking to leave after the checkout time of 9am. Is this allowed? I set the checkout as 9am before he reserved.

1 Best Answer
Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Hi @Diarmuid3 

Setting Monday as available does mean Monday night, so that runs into the Tuesday morning. 

If the guest booked subject to your check-out time of 9.00am, then thats already agreed. If you can accommodate a late check-out, then you can choose to agree to it, if not, just politely tell him that a late check out won't be possible.

9.00 am is quite early, however this will vary between hosts for whatever reasons. We set our check-out for 11.00am.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Hi @Diarmuid3 

Setting Monday as available does mean Monday night, so that runs into the Tuesday morning. 

If the guest booked subject to your check-out time of 9.00am, then thats already agreed. If you can accommodate a late check-out, then you can choose to agree to it, if not, just politely tell him that a late check out won't be possible.

9.00 am is quite early, however this will vary between hosts for whatever reasons. We set our check-out for 11.00am.

Mark1357
Level 4
Casa de Oro-Mount Helix, CA

Hi! You are the host and you have all the decision making regarding your property but this is a GUEST SERVICE industry. I work under the " if it was me as a guest what would I expect"