Can guest send photo to host using Reply?

Jeffrey375
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Can guest send photo to host using Reply?

I am on good terms with host and would like to advise her she needs a bigger TV for the place. I took a picture showing the relative distance from the couch to the TV and how small it is. Would I need to upload the jpeg to some storage site and include the URL link to it  in the Reply or can this somehow be done using the Reply to Host messaging?

8 Replies 8
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jeffrey375  You can send attachments by email, using the coded email address Airbnb assigns to hosts and guests. They will see the email in their regular email Inbox (or might get shunted to Spam box)

Jeffrey375
Level 1
San Diego, CA

After going to her main listing page, all I see is "Contact Host" and it's is a field box only, nothing allowing attachment.  Her profile says she's included her email but I don't see it. I've been in msgs with her thru AiRbnb but want her email address to send a photo.  

If you have a confirmed reservation, @Jeffrey375 , you can send a photograph directly through the phone app.

If you have a confirmed reservation but don't have the phone app, go to the message thread and you will see a long string of letters and numbers at the side under the title "Email host" that makes up the temporary Airbnb-generated email address. You can use that to send a photograph. 

If you don't have a confirmed reservation, there is no way to send a photo or a link. You will just have to describe the problem to the host. 

@Jeffrey375  You won't see the coded email address Airbnb assigns on the listing page and Contact Host just lets you sned an Inquiry. It soundslike you are in the midst of an active reservation, or is this a place you already checked out of? If the reservation is active, just go to your messaging stream with the ost, and her coded email address should appear to the left of the messaging- you have to scroll down to see it. At least that's how it appears on the host's account, I've never been a guest, so not sure it appears in the same place. Also I should think it would appear somewhere on your reservation itinerary. 

But I'm not sure what point there is in sending a photo of the distance of the TV to the couch- I'm quite sure the host is already aware of the set-up. Why not just send the host a suggestion?  And I can tell you that your advice for a bigger TV may not go down well. Just because you want a bigger TV doesn't mean it's anything that past guests have found to be a problem.

Jeffrey375
Level 1
San Diego, CA

I'm currently a guest with her and have extended my stay here a couple of times. I'll look further. As to my suggesting to her, she's been very receptive about them in the past.  I was getting just basic channels and she was more than happy to upgrade to more channels.  I'll consider just a written suggestion msg if I have trouble finding the email link to her.  I'm on a laptop at her place.   I can see all our exchanges of messages. Nowhere do I see a long string of number and letters at the side. I can see Call Host, but not "email host."

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As advised in an earlier thread @Jeffrey375  you need to upload photos on the app on your phone you can't use a laptop.

However, why the need for a photo, the host knows their listing. You can tell them but probably something you would have wanted to talk to the host about before extending your booking if it's a deal breaker for you.

Perhaps you would find it more comfortable to move the TV closer to where you are sitting or watch it on your laptop.

Gerhardus0
Level 1
Concord, CA

@Jeffrey375 @Helen3 You can upload photos on your laptop/PC. Open the reservation and you will see a section allowing you to Message the host. There is a photo icon next to the text box enabling you to submit a photo.  I have successfully sent photos after my stay. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I made this post last year @Gerhardus0  when that was the case. It only changed recently to allow photos to be uploaded via your laptop/PC.