Can someone pls help me?

Can someone pls help me?

Hi, I have an Airbnb user who booked a two month stay for her son. I recieved the first payout without problems. For the second payout, the son paid AIrbnb directly through his bank instead of his mother's visa. He showed me the bank transfer online and it seems genuine. Airbnb are claiming they did not receive the payment (they probably tried to charge the mother s visa) and basically told me to deal with it myself with the guest!! both myself and the mother of my guest have been sending messages to customer care who either dont reply or just close the case. All they need to do is check their (airbnb s) bank account and they will find the payment made by the son in his own name. Since this was a 2 month stay, the guest is already here. I have been trying to resolve this for the past 5 days but I now have to consider having to force him to leave even though he claims to have paid Airbnb and has evidence to prove it! What should I do? Anyone had similar experiences? Customer support dont seem to care and I m seriously considering cancelling my account after this! 

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Susann20 

It is a 3rd party booking, which is officially not allowed. Payments to Airbnb are made by the booker and only possible via the choosen payment method in the bookers profile. It is rather impossible for the son to make a payment outside this system and if he did, it is a stupid action (sorry to say so). It is up to the booker (the mother) to arrange the payment by the rules. If she fails, the son has to leave. And it's up to them to get the privately transferred money back from Airbnb.

best regards,

Emiel

Thanks Emiel.

I would have thought that Airbnb secures the whole amount of the stay when a long booking is made. Seems they don t and I have been left 'arguing' with guest myself for payment now. If he doesn t pay by today, I will have to force him out of the property - which is no pleasant situation for either party! Yes he may have been 'stupid' to pay directly himself instead of having the booker make the payment but Airbnb lost no sleep in trying to assist or resolve this.  Shouldn t be that difficult to track down the payment or at least get back to me about it.

Best Regards

Susann

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry @Susann20  but this is down to the guest not Airbnb (and in some part you for knowingly accepting a third party booking contrary to Airbnb's T&Cs). If the son wanted to pay for the second month,  all he had to do is send his mother the money. And the payment could have come out of her visa account.

There is absolutely no way the son could have paid Airbnb, as he is suggesting, unless his mother gave him access to her account and he changed the payment method. In which case the payment would have gone through to Airbnb without an issue. Is that what he has shown you proof of?

By the way why did you accept a third party booking for a long term stay rather than asking the son to set up his own account and book directly?

You are right if he doesn't sort out the payment with airbnb yu will need to ask him to leave.