Can't access message inbox

Can't access message inbox

This hasn't happened before.  But recently,  we are unable view our messages in our inbox via the Airbnb app. It says there are no messages,  and that the inbox is empty.     Guests have been sending us messages and requests which we can only read and reply via website.  

Has anyone had this issue with the app? 

38 Replies 38
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

If you cannot access via app - use desktop.  Desktop seems to be more reliable.

people traveling have a phone, often no desktop!!!!!!

Leon22
Level 1
Cuernavaca, Mexico

this has happend to me as well my co host uses a phone and can't see messeges.

Hello Leon,

I was instructed to first launch Internet Explorer through Edge on my Windows PC then launch and use the Chrome browser in order to get things back in line - that seems to have fixed it. I was told through the Airbnb Twitter support that the Airbnb site works best with Chrome

Hope this helps,

Connie

Connie0
Level 2
Redmond, WA

This is happening to me in Washington state right now. Have not been able to access the Inbox on the site, nor any of our email histories for the past 15 hours which makes it difficult...wondering if I should copy all correspondence from now on just in case...I have a question from a booked guest that I had difficulty answereing as well as a booking request that I cannot respond to!!

Can't access message inbox… Can't contact airbnb… I can't invoice with VAT… 

I'm really in to trouble… 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Connie0 and @Rui48,

Good to meet you. 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with this. Are you still having difficulties with this? If so, have you tried seeing if it is working on a different browser and if clearing your cache helps?

Fingers crossed. 🙂

Speak to you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hello Lizzie,

Thank you for checking in with me. I was instructed to switch first launch Internet Explorer through Edge on my Windows PC then launch and use the Chrome browser in order to get things back in line - that seems to have fixed it. I will reply to the other posts as well.

Thank you again,

Connie

@Lizzie

This is a problem. I cannot access my emails.  I have tried 3 different computers and 3 different browers.  I have a guests arriving today and also not able to send my future guests a welcome message and instructions.  I have also lost my most recent review and several older reviews.  There seems to be a technical glitch that is causing some problems

Thanks,  Nancy

Hi Lizie, the problem seems to be still there. For instance, I can not view messages from guests and send messages to gusts since a week from my computer (using Safari). Have to use in prallel iphone to communicate which is very unpractical and expensive, s I travel a lot and is now very dependant on expensive roaming. Any chance someone can do somehting with it???? Thanks, Lena

Hello Rui,

I was instructed to first launch Internet Explorer through Edge on my Windows PC then launch and use the Chrome browser in order to get things back in line - that seems to have fixed it.

Hope this helps,

Connie

Thanks for the reply.  I did get in contact with the host in Poland and we are all set.  Just trying to relax and trust this 100% digital interaction and use of the app. I’m set for now.  I’m about to experience a different bnb pretty much every day till we settle into a longer stay in Poland

Miguel179
Level 1
Makati, Philippines

Hi,

Hope I can get help on what to do here...

I can open everything else from my listings, dashboard, transaction histoty etc.,

But when I click on inbox to read an inquiry, The message would not open or be readable.

What is the solution?

Thanks.

I reported having the same issue and was told to use Chrome browser instead of internet Explorer. Airbnb said their site works best with Chrome so i downloaded it and am now able to work with my Inbox and it now works.

Hope this helps,

Conne