Can't log in from overseas

Karina327
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

Can't log in from overseas

We recently travelled to america and had an air bnb booked in New York. I'd been communicating with the host from Australia before leaving just fine but when we were in america and i tried to log on a few days before our stay to get check in details i couldn't access my account as i was trying to log in from an unverified device and it gave me 2 options to access my account, a security code sent to my phone via text or phone call but i could receive neither as i was travelling without access to my phone! Out of interest we tried to log into my husbands account and he had the same but a 3rd option of an email with code which my account did not have. Of course this needs to be an option for those travelling who don't have their phone active.

I'm trying to resolve this with air bnb support to not have this happen again but they are being very unhelpful. Can anyone help, is it a setting in my account i can change or something?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Karina327 

Your account must have a verified emailaddress. But when i look at your account it seems to be the case.

Under "account support" (section "notifications") normally a verified emailladdress is ticked by default (and it can not even be un-ticked by the user). Maybe try to remove all Airbnb cookies and cache and login on Airbnb.com (instead of the New Zealand URL).

Best regards,

Emiel

I think it is more complicated and frustrating than this. The cookies and cache would be to do with the device im using yes not the actual account. I can not fix this glitch in my account not having the email as a means of receiving the security code not matter what i do, i simply cant wait to go overseas again and try to log into my account to see if it has been rectified. This is one of these beyond frustrating, bizarre things that no one seems to be able to help with let alone fix.