Can we get Airbnb to add a Holiday Cancellation Policy

Doris6
Level 3
Georgetown, TX

Can we get Airbnb to add a Holiday Cancellation Policy

Every year a week prior to Thanksgiving, Christmas or 4th of July we get at least one cancellation in one of our 4 homes.  When its at the last minute of a 5 day cancellation policy its more difficult to fill as guests make plans well in advance for these holidays.

I would like to suggest to Airbnb that they give us the opportunity to place a strict cancellation policy on 2 or 3 dates a year.   The non-cancellation option does not work in this situation as I had that as an option and 1) very few bookings with it and 2) received 3 stars instead of 5 like I usually get - no complaints for cleanliness, location, amenities etc...but the complaint was "communication" because THEY chose the non-cancellation policy and last minute I would not refund it.   So I removed it.  I cannot make it strict year round as the area I am in what I have seems to have worked the best the past 10 years. 

Anyway...how would I go about making this suggestion so that we can pick a couple time periods a year with a tighter policy.  Would anyone else like this as well?

0 Replies 0