Can you use travel credit while splitting payment?

Anisa6
Level 2
Red Bank, NJ

Can you use travel credit while splitting payment?

I have some travel credit I'd like to use on my next trip with a friend. Will this work? Or should I just reserve it myself then she can pay me back in real life?  

If it does work -- will it take all of my travel credits first and then split the remaining costs evenly? Or will it split the total cost, then I use my travel credits on my half?

2 Replies 2
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

You can uae them, but you must be the primary on the account, Meaning the booking has to come though from you otherwise you will not be able to use them on that reservation. 

@Letti0 wrote:

You can uae them, but you must be the primary on the account, Meaning the booking has to come though from you otherwise you will not be able to use them on that reservation. 

I see. We both have credits... But basically, if I understand, only one person can use their credits at a time. So, my credit will basically be used up first THEN the remaining will be split between us?

For example: I have $100 credits. I book a reservation totalling $200. I invite my friend to split payment.

Airbnb will automatically use my credit, then charge me $50 and friend $50?

OR --

Airbnb will split charge me $100 (I can use my credits) and friend $100 (cannot use her credits)?