Cancelation Penalty

Ioannis16
Level 1
Miami, FL

Cancelation Penalty

Hello Hosts.

I just have a guest that booked for a month.

After a few disclosures on some work that needed to be done in the apartment the guest suggested that I cancel the reservation.

This is all within the airbnb emails.

I cancel the reservation as we both the guest and I agreed before hand to cancel.

Guest got his full refund but my calendar is blocked for a month.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Ioannis16  It seems the decision to cancel was due to your place not being ready to rent, right?  If that is the case and you cancelled the reservation, then the host penalties will be automatically levied, including blocking the dates of the original reservation.  Perhaps if you spoke with an Air BNB rep and the Air BNB messaging system reflects that the guest wanted the cancellation, then the calendar can get unblocked.  Worth a try.  Here is a guide to contacting Air BNB

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Also, I suggest you take your listing off Instant Booking until you have completed whatever work is needed to be done.  You can still get inquiries about reserving but you can disclose the issues before the place is booked.