Canceling a reservation and not allowing me to amend as blocked off

Canceling a reservation and not allowing me to amend as blocked off

Hello,

A lady has booked with us and sent a reservation and I noticed afterwards having pre approved the request that she had entered incorrect dates. We have since cancelled and were wanting to send a new request. On my calendar it shows as cancelled but will not allow the guest or myself to book using one of the dates (originally chosen) and is only showing as blocked off cancelled.

How can I get this off so they can book using the initial date she wanted to arrive but change the check out day?

Thanks in advance!
8 Replies 8
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

One of the penalties of cancelling as a host is that the calendar will be permanently blocked. Nothing you can do sorry! Something lots of hosts do, but only ever the once...

In the future, better to alter a booking request rather than cancelling. There are also possibilities of a fine, and loss of superhost status for 12 months.

Sean---Enrique0
Level 3
Niagara Falls, NY

Call Airbnb asap. Let them know the mistake. This could pontentially cost you $50-100 in penalty!

How I can contact AirBnB?

What is Airbnb's phone #?

Kevin95
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

This same exact thing just happened to me, and I don't know how to rebook it. I wish there was an easy way to talk to AirBnB about it. Let me know if you find a solution.

Pam34
Level 1
Poole, United Kingdom

I'm new to this and had to cancel my first two bookings as I got my pricing wrong and two people booked 3 rooms for the price of one!  Silly mistake on my part but have the feeling people are out there looking for newbies who get it wrong!  This has now taken out two busy weekends from my calendar - Airbnb, if you are reading this you need to understand that this is enough to put people off hosting!!  Can anyone out there provide a solution please???

Sally67
Level 1
Azur, France

We specify no pets in our house on Airbnb. However Airbnb pre approved someone with a dog, so I contacted the guests straight away and explained that I was cancelling their booking as we did not allow pets in the house. The cancellation went through, the guests got their money back but we still cannot get our week back so we can re book it. It's a week in the height of the season and shows booked on the calendar but is actually free. I did not know that would happen with a cancellation, but hold Airbnb responsible for taking the booking in the first place. The worst thing about Airbnb is the inability to talk to anyone and cannot even ask them a simple question.

Janaína7
Level 1
São Paulo, Brazil

I have the same problem but It wasn´t me who cancelled, it was AIRBNB! They couldn´t charge de guest because he change his card, it seems a technical problem from Airbnb. My guest is still there and I ask him to do another reservation ASAP and them we both realized it was blocked!!!!! I called Airbnb 2 times now!!! Please Airbnb gives me a solution because I didn´t cancel and my guest wants to pay with his proper card!