Cancellation Strict (Health Emergency)

Kim488
Level 1
Glendale Heights, IL

Cancellation Strict (Health Emergency)

Hi,

I planned a last minute trip during 3/28-3/29 to stay and visit family for only two days and one night. I booked it on 3/25. I had a medical emergency today, but won't be able to see a doctor until later on next week. I suffer from health issues and will not be able to travel so I have to cancel my trip. I cancelled my reservation, but will Airbnb be able to refund me somehow? I don't want to hurt the host on their end by asking for a refund. I did not go to the hospital, but would they accept formal doctor's note of some sort for extenuating circumstances? 

4 Replies 4

@Kim488 I am sorry you health is suffering! I hope you recover and feel better soon.

While it is admirable to be concerned for the host, there is no way for you to both get a refund *and* to not hurt the host. Either the host gets the money, or you do.

Matthew, thank you.

I appreciate your comment. If I try to do a refund via the extenuating circumstances, do you know if a doctors note would suffice as proof? 

Thanks.

@Kim488 I am not sure what is required. I have not had to take advantage of the Extenuating Circumstance rule as a guest, so I do not know.

There is no harm in asking Airbnb support about it.

(Maybe if you do get a chance to ask, you can return here and let us know so that we might learn how it works!)

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Kim488,

Welcome to the CC (Community Center). 

Were you able to sort everything out? 

Please let us know.

Thanks!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen