Cancellation day before

Cancellation day before

Hello. My guest today canceled her reservation of tomorrow for 4 nights. She says is sick and will send doctors note. Haven’t received anything. My policy is no refund if canceled 48 hours before arrival. I just got a reservation for 3 of those 4 nights but at one third of original price. 

What would you suggest? 

Thanks

cecilia

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Anonymous  Stick to your policy. If she's really truly sick and can prove it with a doctor's letter, she could apply to Airbnb for refund under extenuating circumstances policy, but I wouldn't volunteer that info to her.

But if you've been communicating with her and she seems like a nice person who you'd like as a guest in the future, you could always refund her the difference between what you would have earned from her reservation and what you have actually earned with the 3 nights filled in at 1/3 the original price. But there's no need to make that decision immediately, and I wouldn't until you see her booking $ in your account. If you send a refund now, and she also applies to Airbnb for one, you'll be really screwed.

I had a guest who cancelled, but it was still a week and  half before her booking-she said she came down with a wicked flu. I have a moderate policy, so she was fully refunded, but I was appreciative that she didn't show up sick and expose me to whatever she had,