Cancellation due to my pet is seriously sick

Rin0
Level 2
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Cancellation due to my pet is seriously sick

Hello

I am new host. Could you please confirm me that,In case of my pet is seriously sick so I would like to cancel the booking that I accepted already.The penalty fee is excepted from Airbnb. Is it correct?

And please guide me that What kind of good documentary should I send to Airbnb ?

Do you think, pet's pictures & doctor's reference are enought ?

Thank you for your suggestion
3 Replies 3

@Rin0 Sorry to hear about your pet being ill. Here is the list of good and acceptable reasons to cancel a guest's reservation : extenuating-circumstances-for-host-cancellations

• Death in the family
  • Serious illness or serious illness in the family
  • Natural disaster in the country
  • Political unrest in the country
  • Property damage
  • Maintenance issues that affect the ability to host     
  • As you can see, a sick pet is not on the list. See here the penalties you risk if you go ahead and cancel.  Good luck and I hope it recovers quickly.

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Rin0,

I am sorry that your pet is sick. I am however curious how your pet being sick will affect your guests stay?

I would do everything in my power to not cancel on the guest especially since your very first review will be "This host cancelled on the guest _ days before arrival".

It might be very hard to get other bookings after that.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thank you to all for your reply.

Now my pet is staying in hospital, doctor's found that her respiratory system has problem..I need to follow up her case closely..(50 : 50 % ) & I stay alone during this period. I will move her to other hospital if needed due to limit of medical equipment. Doctor will call me in urgent case. (Pls be known that in my country 95% of pet owners will responsible to move her pet by themselves.)

So I'm worried about it, if i will do on same guest arrival date. It's difficult situation for me..

How to you think about it?

Thank you