Cancellation from host

Cancellation from host

Hello ,

I had really a bad experience with  Airbnb. I booked a room in Lansing , MI for 33 days and i paid the money ( 415 USD ) and then the host contacted me and told me she will cancel the reservation as she needs a 3 months subleasing ( this wasnt mentioned ). She cancelled it and airbnb offered me a full refund but i was harmed.

The refund needs about 15 days to appear in my account , while i need money to pick another room , and the prices got higher. I dont know who will compensate me for such harm and loss of money and at the same time i cannot request to stay at her room against her will.

5 Replies 5
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hi @Osama9. Weren't you offered a possibility to transfer that amount to another booking?

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

No i didnt, , i just received an email that the reservation was cancelled and full refund was done and it may take up to 15 business days to appear in my account.

I'm the same! It's been 3 weeks and I still haven't got my money back!!!!

Michelle806
Level 1
Campvale, Australia

I will never book through Airbnb. Host cancels on us. We need money ASAP for other Accommodation. Still waiting for money. Not happy

Perhaps they should set something up like the host has to pay a fee if they cancel. I can’t imagine I would ever cancel . Wonder why it seems to be happening so much. I also know that the host gets a major slash against them if they do cancel