Cancellation

Answered!
Eric902
Level 1
Vaughan, Canada

Cancellation

I am a guest and I have recently booked a house and according to her message to me, my instant booking doesn't qualify for my event I am having. My issue is will I get a full refund back If I cancel because it tells me I have to pay a service fee. It has been less than 48 hours. I have also booked another house forthe same day and was told I did not qualify for it either. So as of now, I have 2 houses that I have booked that needs to be canceled. I checked their cancellation policy and I am not sure about "Separately, if a guest cancels a reservation that overlaps with any part of an existing reservation, we won’t refund the Airbnb service fee if they decide to cancel.". What exactly does this mean? 

1 Best Answer

@Eric902  Make sure you understand the cancellation policy per booking. I checked your profile and you only joined without a review. Is that why your host said you do not qualify?. 

These Hosts on Instant booking may have ticked their box of requirements that they require guests with good reviews to accept. However this requirement is suppose to block others from booking so this is not your fault and should be refunded all your fees.

Do get in touch with CS, customer support ASAP so they can cancel for you and refund in full your monies. Do read the above section of the 'HELP' forum are helpguides to contact CS. 1. by twitter, 2 by email or 3 by phone.

Canada helpline for urgent help is +1-855-424-7262

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

@Eric902  Make sure you understand the cancellation policy per booking. I checked your profile and you only joined without a review. Is that why your host said you do not qualify?. 

These Hosts on Instant booking may have ticked their box of requirements that they require guests with good reviews to accept. However this requirement is suppose to block others from booking so this is not your fault and should be refunded all your fees.

Do get in touch with CS, customer support ASAP so they can cancel for you and refund in full your monies. Do read the above section of the 'HELP' forum are helpguides to contact CS. 1. by twitter, 2 by email or 3 by phone.

Canada helpline for urgent help is +1-855-424-7262

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Eric902  I'm curious as to the type of event you are having and why you are being rejected because of it. Are you not reading thoroughly through the listing information before trying to Instant Book? (like maybe you want to have a party and it says No Parties in the House Rules? )

You can avoid these kinds of scenarios by making sure you really read all the host has to say about their place and the rules, maximum number of guests allowed, etc. and contacting the host BEFORE booking to find out if the listing will be suitable for your needs. 

Also, I can tell you that hosts want to see a clear profile photo of their guests- not something taken from afar where you are unrecognizable. Even more so when you are new to the platform and have no reviews yet. Hosts are allowing perfect strangers onto their property and expect to be able to recognize that the person who shows up at the door is the same person who booked.