Cancellation

Sarah2104
Level 1
Kelowna, Canada

Cancellation

Im co-hosting a property and I have just had our first reservation (that is to arrive in July) requesting to cancel because the numbers in her party have changed. Our policy is 50% would be returned however we are happy to do much less.

My question is,  is it within reason to keep some of the money as other bookings have been lost as this time was reserved?  OR do we give a full refund?

Thank you,

Sarah

2 Replies 2
Jeanie12
Level 4
Connecticut, US

Hi Sarah,

I would follow your written policy and if you were able to re-rent those dates at that time refund the difference.  Your policy was stated before they entered into a contract with you and you did lose the potential of having a booking that did not cancel.  That being said if you can re-rent those dates it is nice to refund your canceled guest.   Sometimes guests will book a property and keep on looking then cancel it and book another property and so on. They just look for the best deal or a place that they prefer. This is just part of the business. The risk should not all be on the host side.  I also urge all of our guests to purchase insurance on their trip. 

Thank you!

that is what we are thinking however we may keep a small portion as the home owners have moved several things around to accommodate this booking. 

I agree though, refunding if it rents is the right thing to do. Appreciate your feedback