Cancelling an IB booking assuming 1AM check-in

Lidia43
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Cancelling an IB booking assuming 1AM check-in

Hi! I am a new host and two days ago had a guest instant book and only later let me know via a message that since their flight doesn't get here until 23.30 on Thursday they would be arriving at the flat past midnight so they decided to book starting on Friday. This is for booking a room in my house, not a stand-alone flat and the check-in/check-out times are 3PM/ noon. I followed up with a message to clarify when they plan on arriving and if they have made alternate plans for the night of Thursday to Friday and have not heard back. Sent yet another message letting them know that I have modified my cancelation policy to allow them to cancel without penalty and find another flat where they can check in at 1AM and still nothing... Under these circumstances, can I cancel the booking and not be penalized? It does not comply with my check-in times and the person seems unreacheable... Please share your experiences and what would be your approach in this situation. Thank you!

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The cancellation policy when they booked is the one that applies to their booking.

Sounds like they have not amended their reservation, all you can do is reiterate your check in time, make sure everything is on the ABB system.

David