Charge in Full but refund only half

Tam29
Level 1
Noble Park, Australia

Charge in Full but refund only half

Hi, i finish made the booking for the stay and the next minute i realize i make the payment on the wrong credit card so i immediately cancel the booking. When i make the booking i choose the option pay half upfront and the rest will be pay later on. As the cancellation is made during the 48hrs after the booking, airbnb will refund will amount of my payment. Recently i check my credit card statement and realize that airbnb withdraw full amount of payment and deposits only half amount. What can i do? Thanks

4 Replies 4
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Tam29  You have to contact AirBnB to get the service fee's refunded they do not do it automatically, since you can only get them back 3 times a year. 

AirBnB Australia +61 2 8520 3333

Daniela928
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Letti.. I have also had a similar situation, where I paid for half and cancelled my reservation within 48 hours and only refunded half of that amount.. what numnber can i contact there is no number i can see on the wensite? 

@Daniela928  There is unfortunately no direct number for your area. There should be though. Your best bet would a dm on Twitter to AirbnbHelp. They are usually pretty quick with their replies. 

Daniela928
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

ok thanks. I will give them a try.