Checking in after hours

Answered!
Shahnoor0
Level 2
Richmond, United Kingdom

Checking in after hours

I found a pretty good apartment in Athens and I would like to book it for 2 guests. I arrive on Friday 26th October midnight to 1am (basically very early on Saturday) and would like to book the apartment. The policy however is that check in is from 1PM - 12AM (midnight), midnight being the time before I arrive. have messaged the host about this, but he for some reason invited me to book his home.  This puts me in a grey area, and I am not sure what to do. 

1 Best Answer
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Shahnoor0  You informed the host you would not be arriving until 12 AM to 1 AM in your inquery. He sent a pre-approval, so he has agreed to your check in time. You can message him back and ask if your check in time is approved, so there are no misunderstandings if you feel unsure, but he would not have sent it if it was not ok with the later check in. 

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi @Shah7noor

Sounds fishy to me.

Post a marvellous description of an apartment, which is what you want to book, and now the goal posts have changed, by the host and hey presto it’s morphed into the hosts home!

The mind boggles.....Red flag.Avoid!

Go find somewhere else, as this phantom appartment sounds too good to be true........it probably does not even exist.

Sounds like a scam.......I’ve had a holiday in Kos this May and ended up in a dive of accommodation that looked nothing like the photos or description in the Olympic Holiday brochure.

After spending the guts of over a grand for a weeks b&b in a hotel plus being harassed for a further 230 Euro by the owner for extras I did not use, such as air con, safe, fridge,tv, beach brolly, sun bed ..

.......I said tongue in cheek, to the owner......look pal, I understand that Greece has a massive national debt, but between the cost of the hotel and these extras I feel as if I’m paying off this debt all by myself!

I had planned a trip to Athens this week, but instead I’m holidaying on the beautiful Ligurian coast.......if your bargain accommodation sounds too good to be true.....it usually is, for all the wrong reasons!

Enjoy your Greek adventure.

@Victoria567  Did you even read what he wrote? Your response makes absoutely no sense. @Shahnoor0  Please ignore this it has no relationship to your question. 

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Of course I read what he said!

My response may not make sense to you... That's a tad unfortunate....

To quote AE Houseman, " 3 minutes would have been enough to find this out, for some ,thought is irksome and 3 minutes is an awfully long time"

@Victoria567  Your response makes no sense to me either. The guest is just wondering if the host accepting his booking means that the later check-in time will be acceptable. All he needs to do is confirm that by messaging the host, as Letti pointed out. There's no red flags and certainly no scam warnings around this, unless the host just never answers the check-in time question.

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Oh goodness thank god for a great British education!

The host had advertised an apartment that sounds great.....then the host suggests that the guest stays elsewhere in his home!......er Hello?

The guest says he is arriving between 12 midnight to 1am ( an hour after midnight)

The host states in his description that check in time is 1pm= 13:00hours until midnight!

Its a red flag for me.....maybe that’s all I have to complain about are entitled guests and not the huge variety of massive problem so ranging from property being trashed to being sexually molested......Sorry dears.....we have a wee problem here, we may share the same language but not the same cultural values or comprehension .

@Victoria567

it seems you left your answer to the wrong post

No sorry to disagree with you but my English comprehension is rather good.

I was trying to subtly warn the guest to be careful on his Greek adventure.....obviously too subtle for the majority of readers on this thread, unfortunately.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Shahnoor0  You informed the host you would not be arriving until 12 AM to 1 AM in your inquery. He sent a pre-approval, so he has agreed to your check in time. You can message him back and ask if your check in time is approved, so there are no misunderstandings if you feel unsure, but he would not have sent it if it was not ok with the later check in. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Shahnoor0

hm... I wouldn't book if the host didn't answer my question.  If I would arrive so late I would look for self check in places.