Chris1375

Chris1375
Level 2
Scottsdale, AZ

Chris1375

What do you do with guests who book for 4, 2 adults and 2 kids but show up with 4 kids and 4 adults?

They avoided meeting me at check in so I wouldn’t see how many people. 

I asked through messaging how many and was told 4. 

I have a $15 per person extra charge for guests over 4 but the limit is 6 total. 

3 Replies 3
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Chris1375 

Have you contacted Customer Services?

One would reasonably expect them to side with you as they are in breach of Terms of Service.

There's also no harm if you are in the vicinity to just pop over and have a friendly chat one on one.

Maybe ask them if there's anything you can help with & be pleasant in your approach with them rather than confrontational and sort it out via the msg & if necessary the Resolution Centre.

Whatever you do don't ask for or accept monies offline.

All the best

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Chris1375, I agree with Helen on this one. Were you able to contact the support team in the end? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Chris1375
Level 2
Scottsdale, AZ

Turns out , they left the place in okay shape, however a top bed sheet is missing. Very weird. I will just fill out their review with a remark on number of people and question about the bed sheet thief. It’s just frustrating when people take advantage of the house rules and specifications. In the future I will make a surprise visit if suspected and have changed the wording in my description to reflect no guests that were not disclosed upon booking.