City laws in Las Vegas

Jean130
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

City laws in Las Vegas

Hello to one and all. I've been hosting for over a year. Now that I have "Superhost " status, I want to have all my T's crossed. Namely, do I need a business license? Permit? Do I need to go to City Hall for anything.  Thanx for any info.

Jean

16 Replies 16
Abraham10
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Hi Jean,

Congrats on your superhost status! You do need a business license to AirBNB property in Nevada.

Also, refer to the following link for areas that are prohibited to AirBNB in Las Vegas:

http://lasvegas.maps.arcgis.com/apps/OnePane/basicviewer/index.html?appid=1b15b2b28b78488994a7d3d761...

Let me know if you need anything [link removed]

Hey wanted to ask you about the map so only in the beige colored area i can do airbnb as a host? Because i was thinking doing airbnb in the palms hote area in a house

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Also see Airbnb's info regarding Las Vegas: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/906/las-vegas--nv

Alon11
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

hi

do you need a permit for north las vegas as well?

@Alon11  Refer to this article and follow up with your city regulators.

Miesha2
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

I have the name of a very good Handyman and pest contol company that is working with other Host in Las Vegas, if any one needs them.  

Yes, can you please contact me at [Email address hidden as per the community guidelines] for information on your handyman.  Thanks

Hi Meisha, I would love the name of your handyman.

Rob. **[Phone number hidden for safety reasons - to contact each other, you can use the Direct Messaging system here in the Community Center - hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Thank you.

Hi Miesha. 
yes, please . i would like to know the phone number of your handyman . 
You can reach me at ****

thank you . 

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons – in line with the Community Center Guidelines

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Thuy87,

Great to meet you. As your post is public, for safety reasons, I've had to remove your email address, perhaps you could speak via Direct message here in the Community Center. Just hover over the profile photo of the person and click 'Send Message'.

I hope this helps.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

A--J--Family-And-Hosts-0
Level 2
California, United States

We are all so grateful to airbnb.  After the housing foreclosure  crash many investors now have bought properties and people.  airbnb has helped many families to stay afloat.  I would bring this up at any city council meetings, thanks to airbnb for making America great again. Home values on the  rise. 

A--J--Family-And-Hosts-0
Level 2

For any neighbors not find of airbnb show them the positives airbnb has helped there house hold value and increase. 

Colette139
Level 2

Hello everyone,

I have been searching virously for weeks, both through Airbnb & on Google.  Still struggling to find a source that is both 1. exhaustive and 2. has working links.

My unit is in the MGM Signature, which should be within zoning limitations, since the building operates as a hotel.

Is anyone familiar with what I need besides:
1. Nevada State Business License
2. Las Vegas Short Term Rental Permit

Do I also need a Las Vegas - Clarik County (city specific) Business License?

I also read in another Airbnb thread that an owner's application was rejected as there was another vacation rental permit within 660 feet.  I'm clearly within a hotel building - does that mean I'll get shut down? 

Would greatly appreciate speaking to anyone with familiarity in this area!!

Thank you,

Colette

You are not in Las Vegas. The city limit is generally North of Charleston Blvd.

MGM is in unincorporated Clark County ... not possible to obtain any license.