Cleaning Fee

Jane1055
Level 1
Coventry, United Kingdom

Cleaning Fee

Hi

I have a guest checking in for a period of 33 nights. The initial cleaning fee was charged on reservation. I’m sure the guests will require a bed linen and towel change during the period. How do I ask for a fee?

Thanks

Jane

8 Replies 8
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Jane1055 the guest is staying for 33 days, is it not an option to do it for free? Have you said in your listing that you charge extra fee for linens for long term stays? If you haven't and you request money now the guest won't be too happy and he can refuse to pay since it wasn't mentioned before booking. And I believe you have set up your prices high enough to cover a free linen change. I selected 33 nights in your calendar and it was about 2600€, that should be enough in my opinion. 

Barry195
Level 1
Kenilworth, United Kingdom

Hi Ana

Thanks for the advice

Jane

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It has a washer and dryer, @Jane1055, so no, you do not need to change the stuff, but there does need to be spares so they can launder themselves.

Barry195
Level 1

Hi Graham

Thanks. That makes sense

cheers

Jane

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I've been called lots of things, @Barry195 (or @Jane1055), but Graham? That's a low blow! 

Barry195
Level 1

So sorry Gordon. But thanks so much for your input. I’m new to this and your advice has really helped. 

Apologies

Cheers

Jane

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Barry195 @Jane1055 why two profiles? 🙂 

Barry195
Level 1

Hi Ana

I don’t know. I had a previous listing which was taken over by Barry. I now have the new listing. Airbnb seem to have cross referenced the profiles. I will message them.

Cheers

Jane