Cleaning fees

Victoria576
Level 3
Western Australia, Australia

Cleaning fees

I am recently back to hosting again and because I live in a touristy area near the beach, I find that I am getting a lot of "one night stands", one night stays. While I do the cleaning myself I am actually wondering if it is worth it by the time I wash all the linen (sheets, doona, mattress & pillow protectors, towels). I would love some feedback or advice on whether I should charge a cleaning fee for a one night stay. I do get longer term bookings too and repeat customers so would also be interested to know whether a cleaning fee should be charged.

Thank you 

Victoria

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Victoria576 

Why wash mattress & pillow protectors every time ? They normally act as  the first layer and only the second layer (fitted sheet, pillow case) need to be refreshed. If you set a cleaning fee, it will affect the shorter stays most, so add one to get paid for the work ! Or skip the one night stays and increase your minimum nights stay. (I never did/do 1 night stays, minimum is 3 nights, i am not running a hotel)

Victoria576
Level 3
Western Australia, Australia

Thanks so much Emiel1. I am a bit of a cleanaholic and sometimes I think people expect a 5 star hotel, not a place you are paying $60AUD for.  Also, the Granny Flat is fully renovated, but it is still an older house (gorgeous Art Deco), but nothing is ever going to look perfect. I really appreciate your advice. Victoria