Co-host changes and where to go from here?

Occan0
Level 2
Mazatlán, Mexico

Co-host changes and where to go from here?

I set-up and manage the listings for 5 different property owners. I receive a 20% commission for managing the listings and the properties, and 80% goes directly to the owners. Now that Airbnb is eliminating the co-host pay-out, I don't know how to set things up...

1. Can I keep all of the listings on my profile, but send 100% of the pay-out to each separate owner?

2. If I can get each owner to create an account on Airbnb, and add me as a co-host, is there any way that I can view all accounts together?

3. How can I get my current reservations moved to the new account (this would be if the owners needed to create their own accounts, and have me as a co-host)

4. I can invoice my owners at the end of each month to receive my payment, but I am not clear on how to calculate exactly what I should be receiving...and I don't really want to burden my owners with that additional task.

Any help would be much appreciated. I am sure there are many others in the same situation. Thanks!

5 Replies 5
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

There are many others in the same situation. Good luck.

Thanks! I am trying to get creative to see what we can come up with 🙂 This is such a game changer. 

Let's flood Airbnb with requests to change it so that co-hosts have better options for getting paid. At the very least, ABB could offer us a dashboard that allows us to see and download the details of the bookings we have managed into a csv so that we can calculate our fees! I sent feedback here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback.

They don’t even give a **bleep** about it. It’s been over 4 months and no move. Hundreds of people messaged to them and they still play deaf. I opened enquiry case about this and I was told somebody from higher position will get back to me but no response at all after that. They just don’t want to do anymore and I am sure they are trying to push people to reckless, brutal companies many of which I suspect to be their sister companies . At least they could continue with sending when people post message looking for co-host