Correct listing description

Answered!
Russell168
Level 1
Lubrín, Spain

Correct listing description

Hello.

Airbnb want me to change the description of my listings. However there isn’t a heading which fits exactly. We let rooms but do not offer breakfast. In Spain that’s called a VTAR. Viviendo Turistica.

Has any one got any ideas please?

1 Best Answer
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Russell168 

A bed and breakfast is a business and as such should be registered on airbnb as a business. The settings tab in your account has the forms that have to be completed and then your business details will be displayed on the listings, this is so that you comply with EU regulations.

OR

If you never offer breakfast you should list as a "private room in a house" (Casa Rural), this has solved the problem for some.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Russell168  and welcome to CC.

Your property/rooms are gorgeous.

Was there anything specific that ABB said was incorrect with your listing title?

I don't know what all the regulations are in Spain however it would pay to read them to be versant where perhaps it's been suggested why you should change your title.

Personally I'm puzzled as to why they have suggested you do so.

All the very best

Central To All Home & Location

Russell168
Level 1
Lubrín, Spain

Hi Helen.

Thank you for your kind comments. and your reply. They want us to “update our property type”. But there isn’t any other type we can use. Bed and breakfast is as close as we can get. In Spain there are a couple of types, full bnb, Casa Rural, and ours viviendo touristica. Room only with no other services. We obviously have three rooms, but I guess they’re individual listings. We don’t rent the whole house so that’s not it. Let’s see what happens. 

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Russell168 

A bed and breakfast is a business and as such should be registered on airbnb as a business. The settings tab in your account has the forms that have to be completed and then your business details will be displayed on the listings, this is so that you comply with EU regulations.

OR

If you never offer breakfast you should list as a "private room in a house" (Casa Rural), this has solved the problem for some.

Russell168
Level 1
Lubrín, Spain

Many thanks for the info Jeff. Appreciate your time for writing to us