Coupon code not refunded

Christina765
Level 1
Oslo, Norway

Coupon code not refunded

I used my Superhost coupon end of June 2019 at a booking taking place in October 2019. The coupon code was set to expire July 1st 2019. The host cancelled the reservation but I can't get the coupon code back because it's now expired. I called Airbnb where they say they can't refund it because the code is expired. Now I'm wondering if this is correct? I used the coupon code before it expired, even though it's for a booking taking place in the future. I can't find anything saying the code must be used on a reservation before the coupon expires? At the same time it's not my fault the host cancelled. 

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Ask another rep, because you did not cancel the reservation, you should be able to make another reservation using the coupon but you would need Air BNB assistance in doing so.  Select another listing and contact Air BNB for help making the reservation. Good luck!!

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Thank you, @Ana1136 .  As I posted, the rep you spoke with was wrong.  Use the article provided to prompt the proper response from Air BNB.

Christina765
Level 1
Oslo, Norway

Update: They gave me a call back and extended the period for using the coupon code, so it's solved now.