Coupon lost after cancel

Answered!
Cosmin5
Level 1
Bucharest, Romania

Coupon lost after cancel

Dear Community,

First of all I want to start by saying how awful is the "help yourself" implemented by airbnb and how i ran in circles for at least 30min searching for an answer to my problem. The fact that i can't raise a ticket is very bad and i will think 2 times next time when using this platform.

Steping to my problem. I've had a coupon for new joiner on Airbnb, coupon which "i've used" with my first reservation. As you can see i've put i've used between quotation marks because i had to cancel my reservation because didn't like the location even though the apartment was Ok. Therefore I didn't actually used the coupon, I didn't benefit the discount from it  since i've cancelled the booking. Got my money back but the coupon not ! I see this new joiners coupon like an welcoming gift from airbnb which is nice, but in this particular case i couldn't enjoy "my gift" and at the moment i assume that this doesn't work as intended (with refund was supposed to get back also the coupon).

Thanks in advance for your support !

Is there any way to recover it ?

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

i suggest to read the terms:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1352/my-coupon-code-isn-t-working

Quote from the above link:

"Coupons can only be used once. If you cancel a reservation that used a coupon, the coupon is also no longer valid."

Best regards, Emiel

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

i suggest to read the terms:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1352/my-coupon-code-isn-t-working

Quote from the above link:

"Coupons can only be used once. If you cancel a reservation that used a coupon, the coupon is also no longer valid."

Best regards, Emiel

Thank you !

Marc9415
Level 2
New York, United States

This person is paid to write reviews for Airbnb. Do not listen to their advice. 

Nimfa0
Level 1
Philippines

Hi, does this also apply if it was the host who cancelled the reservation and not the traveller? I'm a host and a traveller and I used one of my coupons to book with someone, however, the host cancelled that booking, not me. it would have been a very big waste if i get charged (via that coupon) when we have no fault in the matter. 😞

That has just happened to me!! A host cancelled a booking that I partially paid for using a coupon & Airbnb have only offered to refund the amount I paid for using a credit card! Can anyone advise if it’s possible to be reimbursed for the full amount via a new voucher? Thanks!

Any luck with this? My host just informed me they have double booked their appartment and I'm concerned i'll lose my coupon!

@Philippa25 Yes, if the host cancels, your coupon will be returned to your Airbnb account within 24 hours. 🙂

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Michael2038  Call AirBnB immediately and tell them the host doubled booked. Sometimes you can get the coupon replaced and the booking canceled with AirBnB's help.

United Kingdom +44 203 318 1111

So I went to their twitter support page and got to say they've been extremely quick to respond. Thumbs up from me, will let you know if I get my coupon back haha!

Hi @Michael2038 🙂

Did you get another coupon? 

Kind regards Sandra

Cj0
Level 2
Austin, TX

What about changing the dates on a reservation?  I have a coupon that I used towards a reservation (I'm normally a host, but this time I'm the traveller). I'm trying to change my travel dates, but the new total doesn't have the coupon amount applied to it anymore. 😞  I didn't CANCEL, I just altered the dates.

Tapiwa1
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I also had this problem, had a referral travel credit that disappeared after I changed the dates on a reservation. However, I just went back to the referring email, claimed it again then instead of signing up I just signed in. I got my credit back, that seems to have solved my problem. 

Tapiwa1
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Might be coincidence though

Armando7
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hi community,

Even though I understand the terms and conditions of the coupons, I find this policy quite strict that if for some reason travel plans change, fellow Airbnbers get penalized due to this circumatances. Airbnb should allow the coupons be reactivated and put back to the account accordingly. At the end of the day we are 100% likely to rebook on Airbnb...No?

I hope Airbnb revisits this policy and allows coupons to be reactivated!

I have recenlty experienced this challenge myself and find it quite unfair!

Thoughts?

Thanks

Armando