Coupons and current usage policy

Armando7
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Coupons and current usage policy

Hi fellow Airbnbrs,

Hope you all having a great weekend so far! Wanted to bring up this conversation that has been had in the past in regagards coupons and the current policy attached to these. We all know that once a coupon is used to book a trip, this cannot be reinstated back to an account when a cancellation occurs (it is clearly noted in the T&C's). However, I, and I ams ure many fellow Airbnbr's share this same feeling, would like this policy to be revisted. I just run into a challenge where due to unforseen circumstances we had to change our travel dates (still rebooked through Airbnb - as we know it is the way to travel now).

I feel this policy can defintely be revisited and offer all fellow Airbnbrs the opportuniyty to use our well-deserved coupons freely - again, it is, after all, 99.9% likely that we will book through Airbnb again and again

Airbnb executives may want to think about this and allow us to reactivate coupons when cancellations occur

thoughts?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Armando7

It would be nice if Airbnb would revisit the policy, but once the computer bot has eaten the coupon/voucher number, for time round, it is forever dissolved into the system. I can see it would be a bit of a nightmare to try and keep track of them.

Your idea of reusing the coupon is a nice one, but the reality that coupons /vouchers all have conditions attached to them, whether Airbnb or any other company, just jumps to mind.

If there is a cancellation, someone may be out of pocket. The host who might not receive the full booking payout, or in this case the host, being “the guest”.  It is a catch 22! 

I just booked a homestay partly with my Superhost coupon, and was grateful to have the discount. Though if I was to cancel, I don’t see that I should be able to double dip and the host miss out. After all, it is a commercial operation.

I hope this makes sense...

🙂

Cathie