Critique my listing

Alexina8
Level 2
White Creek, NY

Critique my listing

Hi All:

I would love some feedback on my listing.

First, AirBNB says I am listed, but the links do not work (yet) and my listing isn't showing up in searches.

I am hoping this will resolve in the next few days, and in fact, I went ahead and listed it now in order to work these kinks out as I won't begin accepting booking until July. At what point though should I start being concerned if it doesn't show?

Note- we are still under construction, and I will update the pictures with nicer pix when the thing is finished!  One month to go??

Does anyone have a problem with me including the construction photos right now?

Per person fees- I wanted to start this at a lower rate for fewer people, and also so that it would rank higher in search listings.  However, I am reading that using the per person fees can actually be a headache if a guest decides to add someone later, etc.  Should I just list this at a higher flat rate and skip the per person fees?  

Thanks for all advice and tips!

Link here: airbnb.com/h/thecrikhouse

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Alexina8 

Your listing is not active yet, you need to wait upto 24 hours.

I can see the title ("the Cric House: modern digs American farm country") and the main picture (Is it painting, made by yourself ? )

@Emiel1 Lol, no. That is a famous painting by Grandma Moses, which it would say if you were able to access the listing.  It is a placeholder until I can get a good outside picture without ladders everywhere, etc. 

I listed this last night, so maybe tomorrow people can click through.  

Thank you!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Alexina8 

OK, thanks for explaining :>)

You need to wait until this URL produces your listing as a result:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=51756218&map_toggle=true

happy hosting !

@Emiel1 I think I am now live! Any feedback would be appreciated.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alexina8 Place looks lovely. A couple of things

1) You have a flexible check in time - This will cause a lot of trouble if you plan same day changeovers

2) How have you set your rates? Please do not go with Airbnb suggestions as they are dreadfully low

and one more for luck

Why are you blocking dates until July? You may lose the advantage of the listing bump in the search engine if you do this.

Alexina8
Level 2
White Creek, NY

@Mike-And-Jane0 

Thank you! Right now I have the booking settings blocking a day before and after, so flexible check-in should be ok.

I set the prices roughly based on what is around us. We will see!

I blocked until July because I don't anticipate being finished with construction until June and I wanted to give a buffer. I might loose the bump- but maybe people will be looking ahead...