DISGUSTING GUEST /BAD REVIEW/ BEWARE

Mj7
Level 2
New York, NY

DISGUSTING GUEST /BAD REVIEW/ BEWARE

I had one guest around 2 wks ago, and had problem with him.

1. He was lying where he is from (working and living). He was mentioning he is from london, but actually he was working and living in Czech (Of course he was originally from Czech, nothing to do with UK). I found he was lying after he arrived, so little concorned from the beginning...

2. He called in 12 am with his drunken (or drug? voice was very strnage) voice , yelled and cursed to me that he couldn't open the door. I tried to help him, but he actually went to wrong apt. that' why he couldn't open the door....lol even the owner of that apt was very upset and called police to report my guest.

3. After he found my apt and came in, he called and texted continuously that "You are rude, I will be rude to you. its all your fault" blabla... it was not my fault that he went to wrong apt. Of course, my exact address is in airbnb so he could not miss this! 

4. I was worried about his mental situation because his voice was little unstable and he yelled and cursed on me on the phone. So I had to call to airbnb to ask him out the next morning, cause I was too afraid. And the next morning he called million times on 6 am and hung up continuously just like to waking me up!  and he texted me "you canceled my reservation! great! I had to get the money back from you anyway as my flight plan was changed." with this text, I was pretty sure why he was acting the last night... he was expecting me to cancel his reservation, then he can get his money back without any penalty and one night free sleep!! 

5. I was very mad, came home and found that HE WAS POURING SODA ON THE FLOOR, DIDN'T LEAVE KEYS, AND HE PEED ON MY BED AND FLOOR!!!! I had to trash all my furniture and buy again, asked him for the pay those. He was replying me back that I am lying, rude, crazy. and he wrote review to me very horrible!

6. Feel very unfair and falsely charged to me about that bad review, and he told me to take me to the court for ruining his reputation, bring it on! I have his urine sheet and bed piece still, i can prove he peed on my bed with the DNA test if he want of course. but still I had worst guest in my life and will have problem to have airbnb guests in future only because his crazy bad insame review!

Please beware hosts. Check guests everyday if they are not doing wrong. I feel sick now to have guests anymore. And it is unfair that there is nothing for me to do in this situation. 

4 Replies 4
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Mj7 Did you contact Airbnb about this guest?  I would think with all this bad behaviour Airbnb would ban him and remove his review. 

Also, you should make a claim for damages through the Resolution Center.  Here's how: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/767/what-is-the-resolution-center

You can make a claim for the replacement cost of the bedding. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Oh my God @Mj7 I have just read your review of this guest. However bad his behaviour, you review makes you sound rather jchildish - not like a professional host.

All you needed to do was contact BNB and ask them to take down his review because of his bad behaviour.

Now all your guests will see when they look at your listing is that you have a history of cancelling reservations (why?) and that you sound like you completely over reacted in your response to his review.

You would have been much more likely to have the moral high ground should you have responded simply and reasonably for example.

' Unfortunately this guest returned to my apartment in the early hours of the morning in a drunken state. He couldn't remember the address and turned up at a neighbours house frightening him so much that he called the police. He then woke me up in the early hours to help him find the apartment and was abusive to me when he returned. When I  asked BNB to cancel his booking as I was fearful of my safety he responded by damaging my property before he left'.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Mj
Response from Mj:

sorry for your all lying. 1. you were late 1 hour and I told you "welcome to newyork, everybody is late, that is fine" that was my answer as you said "sorry being late"to me. 2. my address is in airbnb, should i tell you exact address while i take you to home? or asking you if you know my address to check as if you are 7 yr old boy? You might need address tag on your neck as you don't know how to check my address in airbnb. sorry dude. u need to learn english.. 3. oh.. you scared because you opened stranger's door and that guy cursed on you, right? poor Martin. You needed to check apt number at least or explain me what's your problem, not yelling and curse on me on the phone. 4. How do you think that host can keep the guest who is yelling and cursing them? It's natural that host can ask guest to move out immediately for host's safety. 5. How can I help that you opened wrong door and the neighbor shouted on you? it is your fault, not mine. should I make punch to my neighbor only because he yelled to you as you opened his door? at that night, you were too loud and fought with him, so police came over to check and everybody in my apt remember you. 6. If you think the home is dirty like this, how do you act? you can call airbnb directly and ask them to find altenative rooms. airbnb is always helpful to find other options. thus, it proves you are lying. 7. You don't know airbnb rule at all, host can't accept the guest right away even if I want someone else, not you. it takes time to accept new guest. don't make a story, it proves you are lying as well. 8. ok...ok... despite of all of situations, We didn't go well, so we need to make happy end. BUT WHAT KIND OF GUEST IS PEEING ON THE BED??? 9. I am asian, minor, single female who is accepting guest who is stranger. with all consideration of these, I will be risky to let out mad and terrifying me with yelling and cursing on me. I will do the same thing if someone is making me scared only because they are strong and mad male. Finally, your statement are all lying, as you don't have any evidence that my apt is dirty, I am rude,and so on. I have clear evidence for you urine that you pee on the bed, and the pictures, my friends's statement in writing, police report, superintendent's writing about your yelling,cursing and your DNA evidence. so, don't play, just admit that you peed on the bed and pay me for replacement. you told me that you are famous reporter in Czech, so plz be honest where you are from and where you are working. your profile still existing as Martin, London UK. Please be confident who you are, where you are from, what you did. stop all lying, please be famous honest Czech reporter in Czech Broadcasting company! everybody is watching you!!

David
Ken16
Level 2
San Rafael, CA

I think if is extremely wrong of Airbnb to not remove his review from your public view. They have the facts, and, I am sure, they have the descretion to remove it. Where is that famous Airbnb "ear to the community" in this instance!?