Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Damage In House

Dalibor1
Level 1
Pazin, Croatia

Damage In House

Hi,

does anyone know how to start with report of a problem with a guest who is staying at my house right now?

The house is a disaster, they broke a lot of things in the pool area. I haven't entered the house yet,  as I don't want to enter the house without them beeing present.  Should I try to make a " deal" with them directly for them to pay a damage they have caused, or should I open a case in Resolution center and request without any personal contact with them? And also, my damage deposit is 200€, but the danage solely on the swimming pool area is higher than that. I took a lot of pictures, but I would involve the police as the last option. 

What should I do?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

From what I understand, you have to report damage to Airbnb within 48 hours of the guests checking out to be able to access their security deposit.

Airbnb has a "$1,000,000 Host Guarantee" policy to cover extensive damage. Visit:  airbnb/terms/host_guarantee since there are certain conditions and limitiations. You must submit your request to the resolution center within 14 days or before the next guests check in. Please read the common question reqarding the guarantee.

Take plenty of pictures too.

Good luck!

Julie