Damage to property

Maryam4
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Damage to property

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering what does one do when you notice damage to your property and your previous and last guest to that both deny causing the damage. A guest has left a hole in the door and I would like to get it fixed....or covered by airbnb....

Also, airbnb should advertise their support number better. I can't find it on their website.....

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5
Penny38
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Apparently they don't want to help or be bothered. Having to fix everything myself at this point with no support from them.
Ted14
Level 1
Newport Beach, CA

Yeah, unfortunately, that also happened to me and the only solution would be to do a walk thru on their arrival and departure.  Do not depend on Airbnb to help you out.  When Airbnb first started in 2013, they were great with helping with damages.  Now, they just ignore me.  I just recently had a guest stole a 42" TV and soundbar.   I called and tried the resolution to get help from Airbnb but so far, no luck nor response from Airbnb.  You would think that they could hold on to the deposit for us hosts as they claim.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Guys if you look at BnB's website it shows you how to came a claim (within 48 hours) through the website. 

For the person with a TV your police report will help confirm the incident.

People ask here for contact numbers several times a day. Use the search function and you will see how to contact BnB.

Using social media gets you a faster response.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The contact info is listed here, a quick search will find it.

I doubt there is anything you can do, you can read the conditions for the very limited guarantee ABB provide.

David
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

AirBnB provide very limited cover and it's for major damage - not a hole in a door. That's what your security deposit is for and why it is up to you to check the property after each guest for damage and place a claim within 48 hours.

Also you have no proof as to which guest did the damage, so even if you had a security deposit for both you would not be able to claim without knowing which party did the damage.