Damages

Katarina12
Level 1
New York, NY

Damages

Hello

I'm not sure how this is really working but I had a guests staying in my house for few days and they almost blow out the whole building. Not that they were late with check out almost 2 hrs but when my boyfriend and I came to the outside door we smelled gass. Than we opened both fron doors and the smell was just getting worse. It must had been running for hours. When i stormed into the apartment i couldnt belive the guys didn't do anything about it. Also instead of 3 guys it was 4 of them and they asked me for 5min. So we left and caqme back in 10min and found them smokingh weeed in my backyard. The whole place smelled like weed and we were freaked out because it still smelled like gass. 

After they left and I started cleaning I realize they broke bunch of stuff and were unbearebly messy. (therte was a blody napkin in between my dogs toys....) My build in closet door felt on my head and when i opened my night stand the drawer felt out. Bunch of broken decorations. I just start doing this to pay for the rent because I moved in with my boyfriend but now I'm super skared plus i lost money because I have to repair everything and they refused to refund me. With word that my backyard is a dog kennel.....my dogs sleep with me in a bed and the only dog thing outside is a doggie pool. 

Anyway anybody has any advice what to do? I wanted to reached out to AIRBNB but couldn't find an email or phone number. These guys should never been allow to rent anybody's place again.

4 Replies 4
Barb6
Level 10
Stevensville, MI

@Katarina12 Sorry for all of your horrible issues. You can reach ABNB via twitter or Facebook Messaging. You need to do this all with in a few days of the incident. You need to have pictures and reciepts.

Thank you. I found their phone number and they were really nice but we will see what's going to happen . I'm just in shock people can act like that and angry because they think they can do stuff like that without consequences.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry not terribly clear from your comments. Did they leave the gas on, or were they smoking pot in your apartment. I don't understand why if they were two hours late checking out, why you agree to leave and return. You should have told them to leave immediately.

You need to contact BNB now (all contact 1st post in the forum you are posting in). Let them know that four guests stayed rather than three, they were smoking pot in your apartment and there is lots of damage. You can also ask them for extra fee for them leaving after your agreed check out time.

You also need to flag this by going into the booking confirmation and contacting BNB through their resolution centre.

You don't have anything in your house rules about no smoking or no extra guests allowed to visit or stay, so add these in now.

Presuming you are allowed to sub let your apartment, you may be better with a long term tenant rather than using BNB

They let the gas on and when I was the one who turned it off. Honestly my boyfriend and I were affraid to stay in the place because of so much gas. So we waited outside until the air cleans. I know i should have kicked them out the second that happen. They wrote a nasty review after recieving a money request and honestly I'm so done with this. I only did it to pay for my rent because I moved in with my boyfriend but I'll be done in January so it will be all good. I called AIRBNB and they said they will assing someone to my case who will figure it out.