Damages

Karen480
Level 2
Linville Falls, NC

Damages

We are relatively new as hosts and I have a situation I am not sure how to handle. We have a group of 12 leave yesterday and my home was not in the greatest of shape, mostly nit picky stuff. However, someone sat on the back of my sofa and broke the wood structure. On Saturday we were returning to the comunity and one of the guests were napping under a tree with a bed quilt and pillow with no case. I now have a broken sofa and need to toss a Euro pillow as it was filthy. What to I do?

2 Replies 2
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Karen480,

If you take lots of photos of the couch damage, and get the claim in  within 24 (48?) hours, then you can try to have the guest pay for the damage through the resolution center.  This is tricky, though, because it depends on the guest agreeing that they did the damage (and are willing to pay), so you will need good proof.  If you do this, I would only recommend that you try having them pay for the couch.  It would seem a bit nit picky to have them pay for the pillow, even though I agree, that is totally annoying.

Definitely keep all communication on the Airbnb message system so the company can see the thread.  And if the guest agrees that they did the damage on the message, it may help.

Well I can't find  out to contact AirBnB after I filed a claim against a guest for damages. She is not responding and have since found at least 2 items missing (1 a large antique vase). Im not sure where to turn now