Damages

Answered!
Justin-And-Ale0
Level 2
Dorroughby, Australia

Damages

I created a damages claim within airbnb about a week ago. Now I went to find it again and the claim has disappeared when I click on "send/receive money". How do I find the existing claim?

Thanks!

1 Best Answer

@Justin-And-Ale0 - go to: https://www.airbnb.com/resolutions

All your resolution requests will be there under "open" or "closed".  

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11

@Justin-And-Ale0 - go to: https://www.airbnb.com/resolutions

All your resolution requests will be there under "open" or "closed".  

Beatriz149
Level 1
Upper Black Eddy, PA

A front door glass was broken and bike broken beyaond repair ...I'm asking for $300 ....I asked a week ago and I have nothing back.  I ask 2 x...what do I do now.  I consider the damages beyond wear & normal tear.  I did not even bring up the fact I got the place back dirty!  What do I do and how long do I wait?

Amara6
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

You will never get any compensation from your claim.   Airbnb's interest is about money making machine.   I have had damages to broken doors, cigrette burns, smashed glasses.   My first email to claim center was very positive from "Airbnb stands by you in this matter" then no response, in the end "our final decision may not be the result you expected,  your "official" invoices were not supplied.   We have photos, invoices and screen shots of Whatsapp conversation to the tennants and the amount of time, phonecalls that were involved was beyond imagination.    I feel for you.

same experience here-totally ignore you

Did you have a security deposit?

if my property is damaged what happens?

do airbnb pay for them ?do they take a percentage of my income from the property

wendy

Amara6
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

From my experience, Airbnb does not pay for damages.   You will break your heart chasing money from Airbnb.

@Justin-And-Ale0   Unfortunately I just experienced Airbnb's 'Less or 00.00 is Best' policy.   I received less then 25% reimbursement for a high end, expensive mattress that drunken guests pee'd on and then doused in copious amounts of water to mask the smell leaving it badly stained, sopping wet and completely ruined.  Airbnb make it extremely difficult to impossible to claim on anything - way more so than any insurance company I have dealt with in the past with much more money involved.

Did you have a security deposit in your listing?

Pam109
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

I have listed a security deposit of £150, and stated in my "House Rules- if you break it, replace it BEFORE you check out" There is a 24hr supermarket across from the house, where you can get almost anything for a house. 

My last guests seemed a lovely French family, with 3 small children under 8. I have also stated that "well behaved children are welcome" 

I allowed my guests a late check out, with no additional cost. 

On arriving back at the house I did a quick check, and gave my guest a good review.  Then noticed my bedding was ripped, the TV had a large scratch on the frame, and a unique clock I have, was also broken. 

I contacted the guest requested £80 to cover the damages, not even the full security deposit, and the guest denied all knowledge and refused to pay anything. 

I have requested AirBnB get involved,  but going by these previous posts, I'm not holding out much hope. 

I have certainly learned a lot from this one poor experience I've had in 6 months. 

I'll wait till I've thoroughly checked the whole house before submitting a review and ensuring I have before and after pictures of the house. 

We live and learn I suppose.  I'm expecting fantastic guests from now on. 

Natasha0
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

we have been struggling with airbnb, we have got our floor damaged and are finding in the hard way there is no real damage cover from airbnb, it is just BS

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Host-guarantee-bull-bleep-when-guests-damage-your-proper...