Demanding guests

Sarah2310
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Demanding guests

We've all had this situation, the guests who want to pay AirBnb prices but expect 5 star hotel quality in return. How do I write this in a review without sounding like I am the bad guy. I am happy to be helpful but these people treated the whole family as if they were paid staff.

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Difficult to suggest what you should write without actually knowing what happened.

In what way did the guest treat your family like servants?

Did you pull them up on their behaviour during their stay?

Danielle476
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

I'm not sure what your guest(s) did, but typically I'd write something like "X was respectful of my space & a good communicator.  I did find, however, that their needs exceeded those typically offered by AirBNB hosts.  They may be better suited for a hotel for future stays."

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Sarah2310   Your listing is classified as a Bed and Breakfast, not just a private room in someone's home.  That might have something to do with the guest expectations, but without more information about guest expectations, I cannot be of more assistance.

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Sarah2310, I think that all of us have such type of guests. After the first ones I added clearly into the description that my home is not a hotel and not a services flat. So if someone will try to behave strange, he will be sent to reread the rules. “No” is very helpful word. And everyone understand it easily:)