Did not get superhost on 1st of April. Can anyone give me insight into this.

Þorsteinn1
Level 1
Reykjavík, Iceland

Did not get superhost on 1st of April. Can anyone give me insight into this.

Hello all.

Yesterday I had this message when looking at superhost status "Everything’s looking good! Keep it up to earn Superhost at the next assessment. The next assessment is Apr 01, 2018 and will take into account your performance since Apr 01, 2017."

I started renting in Sep 2017.

My stats yesterday and today:
Overall rating: 5.0 (need min 4.8)
5-star reviews: 96% (need 80%)
Response rate: 100% (need 90%)
Cancellations: 0/yr (need 0/yr)

Trips hosted: 33 (need 10)
 Trips reviewed: 78% (need 50%)

Anyone know why I did not get the superhost status? Now when I look at the status I get this text "Everything’s looking good! Keep it up to earn Superhost at the next assessment. The next assessment is Jul 01, 2018 and will take into account your performance since Jul 01, 2017."
5 Replies 5

Hi @Þorsteinn1, You have a wonderful homes and you seem to have received amazing reviews. I am pretty sure you will receive super host status in April 1st assessment. You will receive a mail from Airbnb when the status changes.

I had listed in Jul 2017 and had maintained the requirements for super host. I received a mail on Jan 17th 2018 that the status was changed to superhost. 

I believe you should just wait for the email.

Cathy233
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

Same thing happened to me! I was so excited because, like you, I had above average stats, and was waiting for the big Superhost status to be bestowed. Hopefully, as Vinay said, we'll get the notification soon? Good luck.

@Þorsteinn1@Cathy233@Vinay7 

this is a very confusing time of year, and there will be a lot of questions like this for the next two weeks.

Superhost evaluations are tied to 4 dates a year: January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1.

The Superhost evaluation doesn't actually happen *on* those days, but the dates are important to remember.

Today, April 1, is one of those days. This is what happens now:

1. The Superhost evaluation period is closed. This most recent evaluation period ran from April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018.
  2. There will be a potential delay of up to 14 days when nothing really happens. This up to 14 day waiting period happens so that guests who stayed with you during the Superhost evaluation period can write reviews.
  3. When the last guest who stayed with you during the Superhost evaluation period has either written their review or can no longer write a review (because 14 days have elapsed since check out), it is now time for the Airbnb system to calculate whether you meet the Superhost criteria.
  4. The Airbnb computer spends some time thinking and calculating. (Don't know how long this takes.)
  5. You either get your Superhost badge... or you don't.

The reason the Superhost box is saying that the next Superhost evaluation happens July 1 is because that is true: the *next* one happens July 1. The current one is still happening.

thanks, Matthew!

I was told by AirBnB staff that the ones staying that last week would not count because they write a review after the 1st. It would apply towards the next quarter.