Dirty Apartment

Moises62
Level 1
Riverview, FL

Dirty Apartment

When we first arrived at the address given, it was the wrong address, it was actually the one next door. The host was still there cleaning up when we arrived an hour and a half after the check in at 4 o’clock. The hosts contacted us 30 minutes upon our arrival and I quote “What time are you arriving? I just realized you were coming today” after we had booked this reservation weeks in advance. We were greeted with a foul smell coming from the apartment. The garbage was not taken out and the floors were not vacuumed or cleaned. There are food particles in the kitchen sink and stains in the bathroom sink. There was no space for guests to place their belongings. The closet door broken. The walls were stained and in some parts graffitied with derogatory remarks especially on the front door. Their personal products were scattered all throughout the apartment, cigarette burns were found on the couch and the mirrors weren’t even wiped. The bathroom door was broken and couldn’t lock. When we went to leave to catch our show on broadway we noticed the door does not lock. She told us someone would come fix the door for us before we even returned from our show and when we came back it was still unlocked. In her listing she posted about a loft bed, however the ladder is not weight bearing as I almost fell trying to climb up to it. over all this place was not what we expected and we seem to be stuck paying money for a place that’s clearly not worth it. We read and reviewed the cancellation policy and cancelled for the second night (forced to paying and staying for the first night) since we checked in already. Just hoping we get refunded for at least the second night and maybe the cleaning fee considering we shouldn’t have to pay to clean an apartment that was dirty. There was also a dog on the premises which wasn’t disclosed prior to booking (she did take the dog with her) luckily my wife and I actually love animals so this wasn’t such a big deal for us however for someone with allergies to dogs this air BnB would’ve been a bigger issue. Simply put, we came to NYC to celebrate my wife’s birthday and ended up not having all that great of a trip at first Food in sinkFood in sinkPersonal items all overPersonal items all overFull trash bin in bedroomFull trash bin in bedroomDirty chairsDirty chairsOne of many cigarette burnsOne of many cigarette burnsStained couchStained couchLeft dirty socks on hallway floorLeft dirty socks on hallway floorFilthy mirrorsFilthy mirrorsGraffiti on front doorGraffiti on front doorBurns and stains on furnitureBurns and stains on furnitureDirty rug (didn’t even pass a vacuum)Dirty rug (didn’t even pass a vacuum)28C3EE34-33D9-4DA6-B8B6-7B90D157B9BA.jpegStains like this can be found all over the doors and the wallsStains like this can be found all over the doors and the wallsBroken bathroom doorBroken bathroom doordue to the inconvenience this place provided. 

0 Replies 0