Dishonest review

Theo--and-Jonathan0
Level 2
Ubud, Indonesia

Dishonest review

Hey Guys, 

A guest left a dishonnest review after their stay... where can i contact airbnb to see if they can edit or remove it ? 

Thank you, 

Theo 

6 Replies 6
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

Airbnb isn't going to do anything about it. Best you can do is post a reply right underneath it.  be short and "sweet", but make your point wihout seeming to be defensive. Good luck!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I looked at your reviews and could not see it.

David

couldn't see it either, except for the last guest who talked about some water problems, but was rather conciliatory, and Theo and Jonathan, aside from rebutting her in detail under her review of the place,  gave her a great review for being a perfect guest. so all seems well after all.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

If it is the last one from the Danes it is not a problem, won't prevent anyone from booking. You have made your response already, all you can do.

Lisa40
Level 6
Edgewood, WA

If you can prove that the remark is dishonest, then Airbnb might remove it. It is against the rules to leave defamatory remarks. I recently had a review removed. My guest lied and said that I refused to refund their money when they cancelled early. Airbnb had it on record that I did refund it and removed the review at my request.
Paule9
Level 2
California, United States

IMG_4425.JPG

Ratty Revenge Review

I had a dishonest revenge review on my first guest at a new place!  I wouldn't refund enough for a second month with little notice - as per my Airbnb policy- so the guest made up ridiculous things, complained and gave 1 star when I've had 5 stars at my last location plus I'm a superhost, taking alot of pride in hosting, so it was absurd and I'm upset.

Perhaps the review guidelines should include "honesty" and physical room complaints must be able to be backed up by photos, and communication issues must be able to be backed up with written dialogue of texts.

Maybe this would deter dishonest reviews, just a little perhaps without creating an arbitration division at Airbnb. They wouldn't change it because they don't want to arbitrate. Letting people complain about policy and lying about facts is as absurd as someone complaining they don't like stairs when they know in advance.

I think changes need to happen to the Airbnb review policy.