Do I ask my guest for money

Do I ask my guest for money

i cannot check in client and I do not see that I have received payment. She is already asking for a refund for early departure. I'm afraid I will not be paid for her time.

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Eva764 🙂

If you got a confirmed booking the guest paid. When a guest pay the guest pay airbnb. You won't get a comfirmed reservation if the guest didn't pay. 

If the guest wants to leave early tell her to cancel and she will get her money back automatically according to your cancellation policy. Tell her to contact airbnb if she has any other questions about cancellations as airbnb takes care of everything concerning cancellations etc. As you are a new host I recommend to check out this community. There is a lot of knowlegde on how to be a host.

Kind regards, Sandra 

Thank you Sandra in Copenhagen, just gotta say WOW! Anyway, so how can I be sure she only cancels the correct portion of her stay and not the whole visit? Who do I report to that I got no pay? I appreciate, yes, it's my first guest and this is no bueno! 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Eva764 do not cancel anything by yourself and do not accept cancelation requests! Just tell her to contact Airbnb and they will inform her how to continue. I am sorry to tell you but she will probably give you a bad review if she doesn't get a refund. You can decide for yourself what is better - a bad review when you are just starting or giving her a partial refund and maybe starting off with a pleasant review. I get it, it is frustrating when guests do this but sometimes we have to pick our battles. And also, the payment is made but since you are new it might take up to 30 days to get it, it will be faster as you host more guests. 

Tina610
Level 1
Yeovil, United Kingdom

Hello 

this is Interesting I was not aware that you could have to wait 30 days to be paid as it states if it’s a short stay I.e 1 / 2 nights then it should be in you account the following day . 

When I check my account side of profile the lady (my first ever guest ) checked in yesterday and is going Sunday , the info says it will be In my account on the 11th may (today .) which is a Saturday. So am I assuming this is not the case as I have checked and no money has been transferred  or is this most likely because it’s a Saturday . 

Its all a bit scary I’m panicking I won’t get paid. . Many thank 

tina (uk )

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Tina610 you will be paid but as I said it will take up to 30 days in the beginning. Later, the payment is released 24h after the guest checks in and it takes a few  work days for you to get the money depending of the method you use. https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/425/when-will-i-get-my-payout everything is very clearly stated here. 

Natacha82
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Dear Sara could u help me as well plz ? I’m a new member to the site I had 2 bookings already but I can’t fine the way how to add my bank details 

many thx 

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Eva764 another thing is that she has to do the cancellation all by herself. She can send you a request to cancel. Do not accept that ever as it will look like you cancelled and it will really hurt you and your hosting status. Ask her to cancel 🙂