Documents for Guests

Corey83
Level 1
Middleton, WI

Documents for Guests

Has anyone been asked to provide this for thier guests?  

W9, proof of home ownership, seller's permit from department of revenue, and license from public health dept. 

They say they are booking for a work trip and the company is requesting this.  My felling is that they would get way to much of my personal information if I agree to this.

5 Replies 5

@Corey83:
Some reservations are not worth it. You can get all of that and they still not book. If the permits are not required by your town, then I would reply that it is not a town/state requirement and just let them go. No one is getting a W9 in advance. Their accountant can contact me after the booking has been completed and I have been paid if the amount is high enough to necessitate a W9.

You really don't know if the request is legit or a scammer grabbing documents so poceed cautiously. 

Thank you, I was hoping this was not a normal request.

@Corey83 

Honestly..... I would counter them by saying I would need a copy of their company business registration certificate, a copy of the company's business credit report along with a formal request from the company's legal representative requesting these documents be provided stating the purpose, and also passport copies of all potential guests who are planning to stay in your home along with an employment letter on company letterhead for each individual stating their  job title, job functions, salary and length of employment from the company before you'd even consider providing this type of paperwork to anyone..... and leave it at that 🙂 

Like @Tim-and-Holly0  says..... some bookings are really not worth it~

@Jessica-and-Henry0:
I like your answer!!

Thank you, that was my feeling also.