Does AirBnB provide average rental data ?

Rick283
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Does AirBnB provide average rental data ?

I'm trying to work out the REAL average rental by property type in my area - and I know AirBnB keep telling me to adjust pricing etc - but I want to plan a bit and try to work out what is the going rate at different times of the year ... Any suggestions ?

I've noticed that some of the management groups say they review the market to assess best rental rates - anyone know where they get that info from ?

Thanks

Rick ( Sydney)

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you want that information you need to either pay for it through a company like Airdna, pay to use an airnb software company that has their own software that assess themselves and set recommended rates for your listing.

Or if you only have one or two places, do what many of us do and put the leg work in yourself. Review your competitors with comparable places on a regular basis to help you decide what to charge. Look at what big events and conferences happen in your area, your high seasons and adjust accordingly.

Obviously you need to have worked out your own budget first and decide what is the minimum you can charge per day to give you the profit you want to make it worthwhile taking into account the amount of time you put in to manage/clean the listing.

thanks Helen - its not that I havent done that - I've been an active host for quite a while - butI'm now looking at co-hosting some other properties and wanted to broaden my knowledge.. I'll certainly check out airdna.  thanks again

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Rick283 , as @Helen3 stated, you can easily find that info at Airdna. I think it's worth subscribing for one month to gather the necessary information and then cancel. 

thanks John - appreciate your comments and suggestion

Hii @Rick283 , like a lot of people in this thread have suggested i also have been using AirDna for a while now, was in my budget, but the data seemed off on many parameters, I didn't found it to be accurate, After some trial and error i settled on Airbtics which seems like a far better alternative than I have been using since January this year, they seem to be providing real-time dynamic pricing data, not sure how they are able to do it if they have an exclusive partnership with Airbnb or something else, so you can give it a shot. Hope it helps